Wednesday, April 4, 2012

When my grandparents run out of hay for the horses in Phoenix we make a quick trip and take some hay to them. We load our truck up with hay and meet them half way, usually in Page, AZ and switch trucks with them. Since we are not going to be able to head down to Phoenix this year while they are there, I figured I better take Addy to see them for a little while. Addy is not a very good traveler but she did pretty good this trip. Addy, my dad and I headed down about two Sunday's ago to meet my grandma and grandpa. We left a little bit a head of them and we have about a half hour short drive than them so we decided we would go walk across the bridge at Lake Powell. I've been across the bridge countless times but I can not remember ever getting out of the vehicle and actually walking across it. Addy was a little bit nervous but once we got out there she was fine. Its a long ways down, I'd sure hate to fall over the edge! 

 Addy on the bridge.

 Looking over the edge.

 Addy and Papa Greg

 While we were waiting at Denny's for my grandparents to show up we decided we would let Addy use her bucket and shovel and play in the red sand. She loved every minute of it and kept asking my dad to get her some more sand to play with! We ended up waiting for about an hour and a half because my grandma got pulled over on the way to meet us for speeding...she thought she was going 70 and was doing 80.....scary! We went for a little walk on a scenic route while we were waiting for them, found some bunnies playing in the sand and then threw some rocks in the water! It was a good day and the weather was perfect. Not too cold and not too hot!



My grandma told Addy that the Easter bunny had stopped at her house and left Addy a little present because we have spent Easter in Phoneix the last 2 years so the Easter bunny thought we would be there again. Anyway he left her a fun little basket that had stamps, scissors, markers and coloring stuff. Addy was in heaven! She loves scissors but I dont let her use ours very often because she is a little scary with them. She ended up cutting the whole way from Page to Kanab, then she fell asleep and slept until we got to Beaver! It was a fun, fast trip!

No comments: