Korver Tyson Barney
10/5/12
@11:12pm
6lbs 10oz 20in
Here's our story:
So I had been having lots of problems with my blood pressure. It had been high on Thursday, September 27. I had been into the doctor and he said that my blood pressure was high so he decided to put me on modified bed rest. Now I asked him what that meant, he said down about 80% of the time. Tyson had been hunting/camping and I told him to stay out in the hills. I would be fine to hang out at the house for the weekend with just me and Addy. We did fine all weekend and I really did feel like I had stayed down, well I had to go back to the doctors office on Monday to been seen again. When I got there my blood pressure was so high he decided to admit me to the hospital. I spend the night in the hospital on Monday, October 1. Dr. Oakden was going to send me to another hospital to deliver the baby that night but decided after talking with some other doctors at different hospitals to keep me over night and see what happened with my blood pressure. On Tuesday October 2, Dr. Oakden decided that my blood pressure was good enough for me to go home and be on strict bed rest. I went home and was doing exactly what he said to do because I did not want to be sent to another hospital. I really wanted to deliver here. So from Tuesday the 2nd to Thursday the 4th I was on strict bed rest. I did not get off the couch or my bed except to go to the bathroom. I went to the hospital each morning to have my blood pressure check and a stress test done on the baby. Everything was fine with the baby but my blood pressure was still high. The plan was to try and get me to 38 weeks to deliver here in Beaver which would of been October 10. I was planning on going home and spending the weekend on the couch and going back and forth to the hospital for checks and stress tests. Well Thursday the 4th Dr. Oakden called me about 4 pm and said that he didnt want to wait any longer because he was really nervous about my blood pressure and wanted to get me delivered soon. So we made a plan to go to the hospital at 7 am to be started. I was really nervous about being started. I had already started to dilate on my own but I still was really nervous about this. I was dilated to a 3 and 80% thinned out when I was checked into the hospital.
They started me on the pit and away we went....waiting and waiting and waiting and more waiting. There was another girl having her baby the same time as me so it was kind of like a little race, well needless to say I lost by a long ways. She had her baby at like 2pm and little Korver decided to finally come at 11pm. After they started the pit I was having contractions about every 3 minutes but I couldn't feel them which was nice. They were coming regular and were decent contractions so I had it in my mind that it was going to be okay after all. The contractions came and went through out the day. I was checked about every hour and progressing very slowly. I was dilated to a 5 when I decided to get my epidural. I didnt really need it because of the pain but the girl next to me went from a 5 to a 10 in a half hour and I was nervous that if I didnt get my epidural that I would miss that window and not be able to get one at all. I like to think of myself as tough but I'm not stupid. I wanted the drugs! :) So after the epidural it was just more waiting. Nothing really wonderful or exciting happened. I could finally feel what a contraction was because with Addy I never felt one. This delivery was much different than Addy's. At about 9:30-9:45 pm Dr. Oakden came in, check me and said it was time to start pushing. Well the big joke was that your second child goes much faster than your first. With Addy I pushed for an hour and a half...with Korver I push an hour and 20 minutes...not really that much faster! It was a very stressful time. I dont remember feeling anything with Addy, Korver I felt so much pressure! It was not great! Finally after pushing and pushing and feeling like I was making no progress, the guy who put in my epidural said that I had 15 minutes left of medicine before I would be out and he would not give me any more. I started to freak out that I was going to feel everything. I guess that was the extra push I needed because he told me that at 10:45 and Korver was born at 11:12pm. It was probably the longest day of my life and one of the hardest! It was not a good experience being started but we got our baby boy here! He was 3 weeks early but you would never be able to tell. He came out with a full head of hair and didnt make much noise, which was different from Addy she was screaming! He was/is really mellow! He was 6lbs 10oz, 20in long, which is one ounce less than Addy. We were thinking we were going to have a bigger baby and had I not had him 3 weeks early he probably would of been a 8 pound baby!
He has been such a good baby so far. He has only been fussing a few times. He is gaining weight like crazy. We took him back for his one week check up a few days early and he had already gain 2 ounces over his birth weight. He is already eating about 4 ounces every 2-3 hours. Addy is loving having a brother around. She has been good with him so far. She is a little wild and needs some extra attention every now and then but that was to be expected. I think for the most part she is doing really well.
Here are a few pictures. They are from my phone so they are not the best but I will try and upload some from my camera tomorrow.
Tyson junior!
Addy and Korver-She loves her brother and is such a good helper!
Our little family!
He loves his binki! I love it too cause Addy would never take a binki but he sure does love his!
His newborn jacket is way too big for him. He is such a little guy!
The big sister and her pumpkin she picked out at school!
He looks just like his daddy!












1 comment:
I have been patiently waiting for this post! What a handsome fellow! I'm glad everything worked out, he sure was worth that really hard couple of weeks:)
Post a Comment